Why partner with us?
Research has shown that in the U.S. and Canada, girls face real issues:
- 1 in 4 girls will not finish high school
- 78% of girls are unhappy with their bodies by age 17
- 3 in 10 girls will become pregnant by the age of 20
- 1 in 5 girls will be a victim of sexual abuse
What outcomes do we deliver?
- Girls who are actively involved with us become more engaged at school, they are promoted year after year and graduate high school
- Girls who are actively involved with us make healthy choices in regards to nutrition and healthy living
- Girls who are actively involved with us are not afraid to take risks, try something new and explore their creativity
- Girls who are actively involved with us see college as attainable and are able to become independent
- Girls who are actively involved with us are more confident, make good life choices and are comfortable with themselves
Our partners start with our families. The support of our families and the decision to send their girl to Girls Inc. of Western Connecticut is the first step in inspiring her future. We strive to be a resource for our families and encourage families to become actively involved.
Our partners include our schools. We work with our local schools and educators to create and deliver programs that close girls’ learning gaps and provide hands-on programs to enhance our girls’ learning. We offer STEM programming that appeals to girls’ sense of creativity, encourages their love of science, technology, engineering and math, and rewards them for taking risks in problem solving.
Our partners include our local community businesses and leaders that provide us space, resources and funding to support our programming. What sets us apart is our trained staff, our researched programs and our commitment to a girls only, safe environment that inspires a love of learning. Our community partners provide us the resources that allow us to grow our programs and reach more girls.
Our partners include amazing mentors and volunteers who work with our girls daily. Our programs are grounded in positive adult role models who offer first-hand experience and leadership for our girls. We are eternally grateful for all those who give of their time, talent and resources to inspire our girls!